- Dental Clinic Program Manager (1 Full-time): Responsible for dental services to patients in a community health clinic. Must be licensed in the State of New Mexico and in good standing.
- Dental Front Desk (1 Full-time): Must have previous experience in a dental clinic setting. .
- Dental Assistant (3 Full-time): Must have previous experience in a dental clinic setting. X-ray certifications required.
- Physician (1 Full-time): Responsible for providing primary care services in a community health clinic. Must be licensed in the State of New Mexico and in good standing.
- Registered Nurse (2 Full-time): NM State License as an RN required.
- Call Center Nurse (1 Full-time): NM State License as an RN required.
- Optometrist (Full or Part-time): Performs vision tests and analyze results; diagnose sight problems, such as nearsightedness or farsightedness and eye diseases, such as glaucoma; prescribe eyeglasses, contact lenses, medications; evaluation patients for presence of disease such as diabetes and refer patients to our physician as needed; promote eye health by counseling patients, eye glass fitting, etc.
- Medical Assistant (2 Full-time) Must have previous experience in a clinic or hospital setting. Certificate as a Medical Assistant required.
- Referral Coordinator (1 Full-time) Certification as an MA or MAA required. Coordinate all non-emergent outside referrals , coordinate all internal referrals, train nurses, MAs and other appropriate staff on the referral procedure for management of referrals that are urgent, coordinate patient transportation needs with patient navigators if needed, coordinate with BH and other programs that maintain a waiting list to ensure patients are seen by consultants in an orderly manner, develop and generate regular reports of referral activity on a monthly basis, assist primary care MAs in the arrangement of urgent and emergent referrals and DI orders as needed, including obtaining prior authorizations, other tasks as assigned. Must have good communication skills.
- Patient Registration Coordinator (4 Full-time) Previous experience in a clinic or hospital setting preferred. Bilingual beneficial.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (1 Full-time): Certified Pharmacy Technician is responsible for filling prescribed medication for patients by selecting the proper medication, counting the tablets, labeling the bottles. Technicians set up and maintain patient profiles, call insurance companies, obtain prior authorizations, collect payments/copays, stock shelves and take inventory of prescription and over the counter medications. The Certified Pharmacy Technician will utilize FNCH computer systems for tracking and data collections. Licensure- NM Board of Pharmacy licensure as a Certified Pharmacy Technician. MUST have previous experience with 340B. Two (2) years previous experience in retail, hospital, or facility pharmacy setting required.
Behavioral Health Services Vacancies:
- Behavioral Health Clinician (5 Full-time) NM State License as an LPCC, LPC, LMFT, LCSW required.
- Cultural Support Provider (Part-time 24 hours) Provide cultural support services to rural tribal communities on the Navajo Nation and Pueblos, which will include tele-cultural support services and calling patients to ensure they are receiving culturally appropriate care and support.
- Case Manager (1 Part-time 20 hours per week): Case Manager for our human trafficking, responsible for assisting in deliver of care coordination and case management for victims human trafficking and sexual assault. Must have a clean background. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Case Manager (1 Full-time) Provide suicide prevention education, engage participants, provide linkages to support services to address client needs, collect and record required outcome data, case management, etc. Prior experience working with youth, families, community required. Must have a clean background. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- IT Coordinator (1 Full-time) Supervise Help Desk Technicians, supervise day-to-day operations of the help desk ticketing system, provide day-to-day end-user support on a prioritized basis, install new computers and upgrade existing computers for employees use, performing or ensuring proper installation of operating systems, and appropriate software, manage excess equipment, perform asset management and tracking, participate in meetings as requested by Management, perform other related jobs such as moving phone lines, installing data cables, etc., perform other duties as requested by the Management, adheres and supports the organization’s Risk Management Program, follows HIPAA regulations and preserves strict confidentiality of client information, provide technical support or training for systems and networks, act as link between end users and higher-level support, install and configure software and hardware (printers, network cards etc.), perform troubleshooting, repairs and data restoration, maintain licenses and upgrade schedules, collaborate with other professionals to maintain standards and functionality, manage existing IT systems including computer, phone, servers, generator, etc. , support all IT System upgrades, complete and submit required reports to the CEO and/or CFO.
- WIC Nutritionist (1 Full-time Temporary): Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Nutrition or other Health related degree with a minimum of nine (9) semester hours in Food Science and Nutrition. Previous experience in nutrition and/or dietetics beneficial.
The following positions are for 1 year:
- Patient Navigator (1 Full Time) Responsible for patient navigation and follow-up, conducting health and support services screenings with clients, screen clients for benefits enrollment, link client to care, facilitate appointments, data reporting, transportation services to clients in company vehicle, provide basic health education, etc. Must be able to work with other programs and ensure referrals are successful. Prior experience in a clinic setting beneficial. Must have a clean background, this position requires driving.