- Help Desk Technician: (Full-time) Under the general supervision IT Associate Officer, the Help Desk Technician will be responsible for providing day-to-day end-user support on a prioritized basis, managing excess equipment, monitoring systems to ensure connectivity, minimizing downtime, and monitoring and maintaining all software and hardware. The Help Desk Technician will also perform asset management and tracking and will comply with all IT Protocols and Procedures. In addition, the Help Desk Technician will work with and train end-users in the proper use of applications, email, Internet, and hardware. The Help Desk Technician will report to the Network Administrator and will assist all staff with their IT needs.
- Screener: (Full-time)
- Dentist: (Full-time)
- Dental Assistant: (Full-time) Must have previous experience in a dental clinic setting. X-ray certifications required
- Physician or NP/PA:(Full-time) Responsible for providing primary care services in a community health clinic. Must be licensed in the State of New Mexico and in good standing.
- Optometrist: (Full or Part-time) Performs vision tests and analyzes results; diagnose sight problems, such as nearsightedness or farsightedness, and eye diseases, such as glaucoma; prescribes eyeglasses, contact lenses, and medications; evaluation patients for the presence of disease such as diabetes and refer patients to our physician as needed; promote eye health by counseling patients, eyeglass fitting, etc.
- Patient Registration Coordinator: (Full-time) Previous experience in a clinic or hospital setting preferred. Bilingual beneficial.
Behavioral Health Services Vacancies:
- Behavioral Health Clinician: (Full-time) NM State License as an LPCC, LPC, LMFT, LCSW required.
- Cultural Support Provider: (Part-time 24 hours) Provide cultural support services to rural tribal communities on the Navajo Nation and Pueblos, which will include tele-cultural support services and calling patients to ensure they are receiving culturally appropriate care and support.
- Lead SBIRT Case Manager: (Full-time)
- Housing Case Manager: (Full-time) Previous experience with case management with youth and families and underserved populations. Responsible for assisting in the delivery of care coordination and case management. Must have a clean background. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Lead Case Manager for Homeless Outreach Program: (Full-time) Previous experience with case management with individuals/families and underserved populations. Responsible for assisting in the delivery of care coordination and case management. Must have a clean background. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- HIV Prevention Specialist: (Full-time)
- Cook: (Full-time)
- WIC Eligibility Intake: (Full-time)
- Homeless Outreach Program Clinician: (Full-time)