Medicaid Enrollment

First Nations Community HealthSource’s Medicaid/SNAP Enrollment Program provides on-site and community-based application assistance and eligibility screenings, NMHIX education, and enrollment assistance.

To schedule an appointment please call 505-262-6556

What to Bring (English)

Medicaid Enrollment icon

We go the extra mile to help our patients get help paying for their health care.

  • We assist with Medicaid applications.
  • We help patients find insurance on the Marketplace.
  • We also assist with SNAPS, CASH, and ENERGY applications.


Examples of Proof Needed for Medicaid Enrollment.

  • Identity – Current Picture ID, Driver’s License, Social Security card.
  • College Student – Letter from the College saying that you are either a full-time or a part-time student.
  • Health Insurance – ID card or letter from your insurance company.
  • Unearned income: Copies of your check or a letter from Social Security, Unemployment Compensation, Worker’s Compensation, Veterans Administration, Bureau of Indian Affairs, public employees’ retirement, etc.
  • Citizenship – Birth certificate, U.S Passport, Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB), Naturalization Records.
  • Income – Check-stubs, a letter from the employer with hours you work and the pay you will get.
  • Immigration Status – If you are an immigrant applying for assistance, you may have to provide an original USCIS (formerly the INS) Resident card.
  • Self-employed—If you are self-employed, you may give your caseworker a copy of your income tax forms, business records, or personal wage records.


Examples of Proof Needed for Insurance in the Marketplace

  • Earnings for all family members – W-2 forms or pay stubs, unemployment/disability, social security/pension/retirement income or a copy of your most recent tax return.
  • Immigration status – A permanent resident card, work authorization and an immigration visa. (see for the full list).
  • Current Health insurance (if any) – Policy number for any current health insurance and information about insurance id it is offered through you job.
  • Proof of U.S citizenship – Social Security number or copy of U.S passport for all family members.


What to Bring (Spanish)

Vamos la extra milla para ayudar a nuestros pasientes agarar ayuda para pagar su seguro medicao.

  • Asistimos con las aplicasiones dek Medicaid.
  • Ayudamos buscar aseguransa en el mercado.
  • y tambien asenos aplicasiones de Estampillas, dinero, y de energia.

Documentos nesesitados para el Medicaid.

  • Identidad – Identificasion personal, Segurosocial, Licencia de condusir.Status Migratorios-Tarjeta de recidencia.
  • Propio negocio – W-2, o las formas de los taxes del ano anterior.
  • Estudiante – Carta del colejio disiendo si es estudiante de tiempo completo o de medio tiempo.
  • Ciudadania – Acta de nacimiento, Pasa porte de EU,
  • Ingresos – Talon de cheke, Carta del empleador con las horas que trabaja y quanto y cada quanto le pagan.
  • Otro tipo de ingreso: Copias de cheke o cartas del Seguro social, Desempleo ect.
  • Asegurana de medicao – Tarjeta de aseguransa, o carta de la compania de aseguransa

??Documentos nesesitados para aseguransa en el mercado.

  • Pruebas de ciudadania – Seguro Social, pasaporte de EU de todos en la familia.
  • Ingresos del hogar – formas de W-2, talones de cheke, desempleo/desabliedad,seguro social ,retiro,o las formas de los taxes mas resientes.
  • Prueba de el estado donde bibe – Licensia de condusir, bil de la casa documento de renta o del hogar.
  • Aseguranca medica (si tiene) – Tarjeta de aseguransa,numero de aseguransa o carta de la comania de aseguransa.

    Additional Information


    If you would like more information about these services, you may fill out the Contact Page on this website or call 505-262-6556, 505-262-6565 or 505-248-2973.

    If you would like more information about SSI enrollment, you may fill out the Contact Page on this website or call 505-262-6043 or 505-262-2481.